I am a trained, registered McTimoney Chiropractor with over 15 years experience. My practice is based on “The Three Rs”: gentle skeletal “Realignment” using McTimoney Chiropractic; supported by soft tissue “Release” and muscular “Reactivation” using corrective exercise.
The gentle nature of my treatment makes it suitable for people of all ages.
The following conditions can all benefit from chiropractic care:
- Back, neck and shoulder pain
- Pain, discomfort and stiffness in joints
- Muscular aches
Your first visit
Your first session with me will last an hour and cover consultation, examination and your first treatment.
I take care to ensure you are made aware of what is going on at every stage – from evaluation through to the treatment process. You are always free to ask questions or give feedback as the treatment continues.
- Consultation – I start by listening carefully to how you experience your problem. A full case history will be taken to find out exactly what’s been going on and for how long.
- Examination – Next I examine you to get best possible understanding of your problem and form a clear “clinical impression” of how you have reached your current state. You will be checked standing, sitting and lying down and joint range and muscle balance will be assessed.
- Treatment – I then put together a treatment plan tailored to your needs. This may include, Chiropractic adjustment, joint mobilisation, soft-tissue release, corrective exercise or other therapies. The treatment you need will be fully discussed with you at the appointment.
What should you wear?
You should wear clothing you can easily move in (not skirts or dresses or roll necks). Women often wear or change into sports clothing whereas men generally undress to underwear.
What happens after the first session?
Usually I see you once a week at first and then less frequently as you get better. For most straightforward problems between 2 and 6 sessions are sufficient.